Originally posted by Katie148:
I think Molly's brattiness, Felicity's disobedience, Kit's bossiness, Kaya's boasting, etc., makes them more like real people - we all have our flaws and we all make mistakes, just like the AG's. While I click more with some characters than others, I definitely see bits of myself and my friends as ten-year-olds in all of the girls' books.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said, Katie! I agree with you that it is the character "flaws" of the girls that make them seem real to us.

In the various characters I can see both positive and negative aspects of myself, as I'm sure we all can. I've been rebellious like Lissie (especially in my high school and college years) but also have a desire to help animals (our 4 cats were strays we adopted when we found them in our backyard). Like Kit, I've been bossy (with my younger brother when growing up) and, like Molly, shared sibling rivalry with my brother. Like Josefina, I can be introspective and become sentimental about "small" things.